IEEE Standards and Guides are available to Berkeley Lab users through a Lab subscription. No login is required; however, proper access requires that the employee log onto to a lab computer on the lab network, either locally or through VPN. The following links to IEEE Explore digital library. Proper connection through the Lab network should trigger access to the standards at no charge.
The following IEEE Standards are of special interest for electrical safety:
- IEEE 3003.2 Recommended Practice for Equipment Grounding and Bonding
- IEEE Std 3007.3-2012 Recommended Practice for Electrical Safety in Industrial and Commercial Power Systems
- IEEE Std 1584-2002 Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations
- IEEE Std 1584a-2004 Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations–Amendment 1
- IEEE Std 1584b-2011 Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations–Amendment 2: Changes to Clause 4
- IEEE Std 1584.1-2013 Guide for the Specification of Scope and Deliverable Requirements for an Arc-Flash Hazard Calculation Study in Accordance with IEEE Std 1584(TM)